Sunday, April 08, 2007

Cool stuff coming up

I figured out how to make water - and made 2 fountains. (pictures will be here the next time I"m on SL) I didn't add any sound yet. There are scripts for making a texture move to simulate moving water. I used it on an umbrella I built too - very trippy. One of hte fountains has a waterfall. I want to make a creek too - just to see if I can.

We're going to have a lot of stuff going on in sl over the next 3 or 4 weeks. We have a couple of guest speakers, the students will be presenting the results of their research, and we're having a reception for faculty to show them SL. I hope to get our experimental film festival into sl too - to show their movies if nothing else but to get them in to talk about their work and hopefully meet sl people about their movies.

Went to a conference to present our religion research - which still needs a lot of work - and quite a few people were interested in SL. I hope to hear from some of them soon - see about getting projects going. I'm also talking to folks from Mansfield University about projects. They were into podcasts to promote their school early on - I think they will be good to work with.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i was googling scripting for doing waterfalls and found your blog.. I got no clue how to do it, you just learned, can you point me in the right direction?

nitewrtrr@aol.com