Saturday, September 26, 2009

Events in SL

The students in Games & Society have to go to some event in SL this weekend. I sent them some examples to consider - giant snail racing, MMA fighting, poetry performances...something for everyone. I will post some of their pictures in a later post.

I figured I would check out some new events too and went to a geisha performance. there are pictures below. As you can see, the stage was set with a taiko drum and a statue of a samurai - or let's say samurai armor on a stand maybe. There were 5 or 6 performers on stage in gorgeous kimonos with highly decorated fans. The audience sat quietly on floor cushions and really seemed to be enjoying the performance. It was a nice change of pace from the country music/line dancing I have been doing a lot of lately. The sound track to this performance was drums and string instruments and a flute - no steel guitars or twangy fiddles.








No comments: